Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Simple but delicious oven roasted vegetables

When an eggplant presented itself in my CSA box last week, I had a hundred different ideas running through my mind at once: grilled eggplant, eggplant parmesan, lasagne, mixed vegetable sauté over pasta…more recipes than I could ever make with one eggplant.

Ultimately, I decided on the easiest recipe I thought of:

Roasted Eggplant with Potatoes and Onions

Ingredients:

1 medium eggplant
3 medium redskin potatoes
1 small to medium red onion
Olive oil
Salt

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Wash eggplant and slice into thick rounds then lay them on a cookie sheet. Wash potatoes thoroughly and slice into rounds – they should be thinner than the eggplant, but not too thin. Layer potato slice alongside eggplant. Peel onion and cut into quarters, divide some slices and layer then between the eggplant and potatoes. It’s ok (even encouraged) to let multiple slices of onion roast stacked together. Sprinkle with salt. Drizzle with olive oil. Bake until vegetables are tender – 20 to 35 minutes depending on your preferences for doneness.

Ready to go in the oven:



Serve with your favorite summer main dish or be a vegetable nerd like me and eat the entire tray as your dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment