Monday, August 9, 2010

Peach Rhubarb Crisp

When a friend brought dinner over last night, I knew I wanted to make dessert. With peaches left from last week's CSA box, I went for a peach crisp. I felt like there wasn't quite enough fruit in bottom of the pan after slicing the peaches so I pulled some sliced rhubarb from the freezer (I froze it when I was getting more rhubarb than I knew what to do with in my CSA boxes) and added that in, too. The result was my favorite dessert I've made all summer.


5 large peaches, peeled, pitted, and sliced
1/2 c. rhubarb, sliced
2/3 c. flour
2/3 c. sugar
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 stick butter, cold

Preheat oven to 375.

Place peach slices in an ungreased 8x8 baking dish. Scatter rhubarb slices on top.

Mix flour, sugar, cinnamon, and butter with a pastry cutter or fork until crumbly. Sprinkle over fruit.

Bake for 50-55 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment